Resources & Tools
For your convenience, all the resources provided throughout OwnYourFutureTexas.org have been compiled below. Use them, along with the long-term care information and planning guidance provided on this website, to get started on your long-term care plan.
Own Your Future Texas Resources
Government Agencies & Resources
- Long-Term Care Information
National Clearinghouse for Long-Term Care Information
- National Clearinghouse for Long-Term Care Information
- Texas Medicaid Program Information
Texas Health and Human Services Commission
Dial 2-1-1. It's a free, easy way to find out about services you can get in your area or through state programs.
If you can’t connect to 2-1-1, call us toll-free at 1-877-541-7905. You can also visit the 2-1-1 Texas website to find the phone number to your local 2-1-1 Area Information Center.
You may not be able to connect to 2-1-1 if:
- You are calling from outside of Texas.
- Your cell phone won’t dial 2-1-1.
- You use voice-over-IP (use the Internet to make calls).
- Texas Health and Human Services Commission
- Federal Medicaid Information
- Services for Those who are Aging or Have a Disability, and Their Caregivers
Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services
Area Agencies on Aging (AAA)
Family Caregiver Alliance
Elder Options of Texas
- Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services
- Long-Term Care for Federal Employees and Annuitants
The Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program
- The Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program
- Legal Rights and Consumer Protection Information